Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long time, no post......

It has a been awhile since I have updated the old blog. About three months to be exact. My sister has given me plenty of reminders to update, and I have wanted to but we have been busy. Life decided to take us on a roller coaster ride of sorts the last three months, with lots of events, some good and some not so much.

On March 6th Morgan turned 12 years old. This important birthday led her into the wonderful world of Young Women's at church. She is now a Beehive, I remember being a beehive! How can she be this old? Morgan is growing up so fast. I don't want her to feel cheated out of a birthday post so if she reads this she will know that we think she is a beautiful, smart, talented, kind, hard-working, great student, and all around fun gal to be with. Of course she already knows this. Luckily grandma and grandpa came up the weekend before her birthday to help her celebrate.


Unfortunately Morgan's birthday this year won't be remembered with much celebration. While John was working that day he fell about 20 feet from a roof and was taken to UMC where he spent some time in the trauma unit. The phone call I recieved at work is one I will never forget, and one I never want to recieve again. Thanks to many answered prayers he is healing very well. We couldn't have made it through the last couple of months without the love and support of both our families. I know that we could never thank them enough for all that they did for us and continue to do for us. We have been truly blessed with extraordinary families. I did take some pictures of him, but he has forbidden me to post them. I'll sneak in just one, this is him well on his way to mending.


On Easter Sunday my beautiful grandma Jetta passed away. I was grateful that I was able to be there with her during her final moments on earth. There hasn't been a day since her passing, where I haven't thought about her. My childhood is filled with so many wonderful memories because of her. Texas sheet cake, Emeraude perfume, popcorn balls, copper kitchen decorations, Reader's Digest, Texas tumbler cups, and Anne Murray songs are little tokens that will remind me of her always. Just the other day I was flipping through the channel's on my XM radio and a Neil Diamond song came on. Normally I would have changed the station right away, but it brought back a memory of my grandma. One summer when I was spending a week in Milford, we layed in her bed and watched the Neil Diamond mini series each night. I remember that I couldn't wait for it to come on each night. Not because is was a good or interesting show but because I got to spend time with her, just the two of us. Grandpa was sleeping in his chair in the living room so I made myself comfortable in her room. I will miss her everyday.


On a happier note, we are expecting our fifth baby. SHE is due in September and we could'nt be more excited. I should clarify that most of us are excited, Mason is taking his time warming up to the idea of another sister. It looks like "Girls Rule" in the Merrill Family.


In the middle of all the events during the last two months we have also kept busy with soccer, t-ball, and choir concerts. McKenna had a fun choir performance at Tuacahn. The weather was beautiful and the show was great. Soccer season kept us going on Saturdays and T-ball on Wednesday nights. There is only 5 days of school left and I for one am so ready for a little R&R. I can't wait to spend time with my family and be a "stay at home mom" for a few months. Hopefully my next post will not take 3 months to get to.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally a new post. I know that you have been busy. The last 3 months have been crazy. There was never a dull moment. Hopefully it slows down for the summer and we can have some fun.

I can't wait to hold Baby M. She is going to be so fun. I have had fun buying baby girl things again. Mason will come around.

Grandma J was the best. It is still hard to believe that she is gone sometimes.

Well I am glad you finally updated!

Love you......

Julie Winder said...

Chelsie, I have missed your posts. I glad to see you back. Wow, you have had some eventful months. I am glad your husband is doing better. I hope the summer brings you some relaxing time with your family before your new one arrives. I am so excited for you and jealous. Oh, to have a new little girl in the home. You are so lucky and what a lucky little baby. I can't wait to see her!
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. Grandma's are the best! I am glad you had a good one. hope to see you this summer.