Saturday, August 21, 2010

McKenna

I thought that over the summer I would be much better at keeping up on the blog.  I was wrong.  I realized that I neglected to post about McKenna's 11th birthday and her graduation from elementary school.  I wanted to share a few of her accomplishments and milestones before anymore time passes. 

The 5th grade class has the option to work on the "Give Me Liberty" project throughout the year.  They had to memorize a huge list of  facts about the United States, President's, Capital's, etc.  Well, out of over 100 5th graders only 8 completed this task. I am proud to say that McKenna was one of those student's.  They were awarded a certificate and a trophy during an awards assembly at the end of the school year.  She also had 100% attendance this year.  We are pretty darn proud of her, she sure makes parenting easy (most of the time). She is now officially a middle schooler and I'm not too sure how I feel about her growing up.

My "Bigs" ready to see Eclipse.

McKenna also had her first broken bone, which was also a first for us as parents too. She broke her thumb on the playground at school; on her birthday nonetheless.  Being the awesome parents that we are, we didn't take her in until the following night, after she tried to play in her softball game. She had a cast for about 6 weeks, and all is well that ends well.
 
She is an awesome big sister and I can always count on her to help out with Malorie.  In fact, Mals most often prefers McKenna to me.  I also wanted to mention that she has some pretty great organizing skills.  One day she spent about an hour and a half organzing her bathroom.  My favorite part is that she labeled EVERYTHING with duct tape. 



No more confusion at our house :)

We sure do love this 11 year old of ours!


No comments: