Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Training

Yesterday Morgan got her Learner's Permit.
We were both a little nervous as she went back to take the test.
I have to admit that at first I was nervous that she wouldn't pass,
Then I was nervous that she would pass,
And then I was nervous that I would have to teach her to drive.
Gulp!
As she walked out towards me, the smile on her face said it all...
She Passed!!!So far we have been out driving twice.
We are mostly sticking to the church parking lot
And back roads with little or no traffic.
I'm really glad we have a whole year to practice
Before she gets her license.
I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this phase,
But ready or not, here we go!

And in other news,
We are in "Potty Training" mode here.

This week we have:
  • Bought new underpants                        
  • Set timers                                            
  • Supplied many bribes                           
  • Cleaned up a few too many accidents    
  • Might give up and try again this summer
Our sweet and adorable baby girl
Has a mind of her own
And while I think she is ready
She does things on her own terms.
I'm not so sure I'll push her to train too quickly
Before I know it she'll be the one in the driver's seat,
And the thought of that puts a lump in my throat.

A few days ago Malorie was making great progress,
I was suckered into buying this scary looking Dora Pillow Pet.
She loves that thing.


No comments: