Thursday, December 18, 2008

No School....A Snow Day?








As crazy as it seems, there is no school today due to a Snow Day. The kids have been hoping this would happen all week. I told them not plan on it. But what do I know? I just didn't think it was possible to have a snow day in the desert where it rarely snows. Our neighbors from Salt Lake think it is pretty funny school was cancelled.(They moved here to get away from the snow). We are trying to enjoy every minute of it before it melts away. The kids have already been playing outside for a couple of hours, built some snowmen, tried sledding down a few little hills, and have been inside to warm up with hot chocolate. Oh yeah, I get the day off of school too, snow days definitely have their perks.

*The picture of the tree is outside my classroom. I thought it looked cool so I snapped a few pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girls are so excited they get a snow day also. They are already out playing in it. Crazy for Las Vegas. You guys have a ton of snow. It looks like you got more than us.

Julie Winder said...

Chelsie I love those close up pictures of your girls. They are so cute and they look like they are enjoying their day off. It is nice to feel a little snowed in and have fun:) Enjoy the day!

Randi said...

It has been snowing here for days and we still had to go to school. I don't think that is quite fair. Look like your kids had fun.