
We decided to start a new tradition this year and cut down our own Christmas tree. Finding the perfect tree is much more difficult than we imagined.
We drove down a lot of roads and searched high and low.

We hiked up and down hills, until we found this little beauty.

John is the man! He is one studly lumberjack.

We celebrated with a little hot chocolate in the back of the truck.

Mason loved being in the mountains.

We decided to take a family picture to remember the occasion. We took quite a few using the automatic timer. Sadly this was the best of the bunch.

Here is the finished product! The tree is huge in our tiny little living room. Madison said, "That tree was a lot smaller in the forest!" Seriously, it looked a lot smaller and more triangular in the mountains.
7 comments:
I've always wanted to cut our own tree, but we've never lived anywhere we could do that. What a great family experience. And it DID look smaller in the forest than in your livingroom!
That tree is huge. How funny. Looks like a fun tradition though.
I have to agree. The tree did look small in the forest, but it looks very nice in your house. Hope things are going good for you and your family.
Your home looks so beautiful. We did that one year, it was way fun. Everyone looks like they enjoyed the trip! I didn't know you went to Mexico. How fun for you, what a nice break, I am sorry Maddie was sick:( hey lets do your family photo this weekend, call me.
I love the tree! Did you get it on Circleville (hahaha- Beaver)Mountain? I was showing your neat blog here at work and we all went "aaww" when we saw your husband's message on the beach.
Looks like you guys had a good time!
We used to cut down a tree every year at Thanksgiving when I was a kid. I remember picking up those sharp pine needles off the floor because my mom didn't want to ruin her vacuum. That is why we have a fake tree. Maybe when my kids are older and they can pick up the needles. He he. I do miss the smell of the real tree though.
Sorry such a long comment
Post a Comment