Wednesday, December 3, 2008

San Felipe, Mexico

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We made the long trek to San Felipe to spend Thanksgiving with the Merrill's. The long drive, the massive amounts of laundry, the machine gun toting military guys, the language barrier (John thought that adding "O" to the end of each word counts as speaking spanish, and crossing the border, were all worth it. John's dad has house right on the beach, just steps away from the ocean. It has been a Merrill Family tradition to spend each Thanksgiving there. I am so glad we made it this year. The kids spent hours exploring the tide pools. We relaxed, read, and napped, and ate, and napped some more. The kids played with their cousins, swam in the cold ocean water. We shopped in San Felipe. Overall, we had a great time and can't wait to go back. Between John and I we took over 300 hundred pictures, it's hard to choose favorites.




Maddie enjoying the beach. Poor girl was so sick, she finally felt better our last day there.

aaahhhhh, he luffs me, even after I was grumpy during the long drive.

John and Mason chasing down a $3 dollar soccer ball that was floating away.

The kids checking out the tide pools.

1 comment:

Julie Winder said...

Chelsie your beach photos are amazing and I really like your new photo at the top from the Brigham Young home, so priceless...you have an for eye photography, your blog looks awesome!