Awhile ago John and I were cleaning up the garage and going through boxes when I found these little treasures, a few journals from 1988-1991. I stopped cleaning and began reading and reading and reading. I have to admit that I was a bit dramatic at the ages of 12 and 13. I had an undying crush on a certain Tyler B. He didn't feel the same. My friend Lisa had two older brothers that I constantly referred to as "majorly fine". Seriously, I can't remember being that boy crazy. I wrote mostly about boys, friends, how much money I made babysitting, what we had for dinner?, and adventures at girls camp. Occasionly I would include a deep thought such as this one "As you grow older, you should respect the younger" What? I guess my parents weren't giving me respect or something. My girls have gotten a kick out the pictures that I glued to the pages. Big hair and funky clothes I had them both. Now for the apology part, I have to first apologioze to my wonderful parents who put up with me during these very dramatic years. I am thankful for the patience they had, thankful they didn't kick me out, and thankful they still loved me. I have to apologize to my sister for the many knock-down drag out fights we had. I documented most of them in my journal. You'll be happy to know that after our big fights we were friends again. Aaahhh so sweet. Drama aside, it has been a little embarrassing but also fun to remember my past. I am so glad that I took the time to keep a journal. It has also given me a little insight into the next few years and life with my own three girls. Let's just hope that I have the same patience and love that my parents had.
P.S. I really debated over putting the big hair picture on, that is a memory I would rather forget.
2 comments:
I am so glad you kept these. I love the picture. The hair was amazing. We used so much aqua net. I accept your apology :) You were really mean, but I guess I could be a little mean to. Now you just need to move back to Vegas so we can hang out again.
Love You!!
I love the hair. I am sure I got rid of all my journals from back then. I think that was probably the only time I even kept a journal when I was growing up. What great memories!!
Post a Comment