Saturday, May 31, 2008

Zion





We took the kids up to Zion today and hiked to the Lower Emerald Pools. It was only about 1 mile long but I am telling you it felt more like 10. Everyone did so great, even McKenna who had sprained her ankle last week, kept on going. By the time we made it back to the bottom Mason was beat and I had to carry him all the way to the shuttle. We were all starved and needed some lunch so we headed over to Oscar's Cafe, it was delicious. On the way home we stopped at a lame petting zoo and got ice-cream. McKenna couldn't resist standing by the llama and saying "eat it Tina!" Of course this will only make sense to the Napolean Dynamite fans. She and I cracked up laughing. Last September we bought a year long entry pass for Zion so we are going to try some new hikes in the next few months before the summer is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I love the picture of Kenna and Tina.

Priceless....

Julie Winder said...

I am so jealous...i have been wanting to get the girls to Zion again. We have a pass there but never seem to get up in time(to much sleeping in.) One of these mornings we need to go. I love that place. I loved your slidebox photos..way cool.